"R" level screening is performed by API Technologies' Hi-Rel Laboratory as detailed below. Customers requiring special tests may order to their own specifications or simply order to level R and then note additions or deviations.
"R" Level Test Sequence Summary
(100% testing unless otherwise specified)
- Thermal Shock: 5 cycles from -55°C to +125°C in accordance with MIL-STD-202, Method 107D, Condition A.
- Burn-in: 100 hours at 1.4x rated DC voltage, 125°C.
- Seal Test: MIL-STD-202, Method 112, Test Condition A. Hermetic seal parts only.
- Capacitance and Dissipation Factor: MIL-STD-202, Method 305, frequency 1kHz.
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: 2.5 times the rated DC voltage for 5 ± 1 second at 25°C, with 50 mA maximum charging current.
- Insulation Resistance: MIL-STD-202, Method 302, 125°C at rated DC voltage and room temperature (25°C). The 125°C requirement shall be 10% of the specified catalog IR at 25°C.
- DC Resistance: MIL-STD-202, Method 303.
- Insertion Loss Test Sample per MIL-F-15733. At full rated load in accordance with MIL-STD-220. The minimum insertion loss shall be defined in the filter catalog.
- Visual and Mechanical: in accordance with MIL-F-15733.
- Marking: All filters which have successfully completed the test sequence shall be marked with an "R" in the second part of the number. For example, a standard SCI-2130-004 becomes SCI-R2130-004 and 9051-100-0000 becomes 9051-R100-0000, and 51-719-011 becomes 51-R719-011 after completion of the Hi-Rel Level "R" Test Sequence.
- Class B Reliability Performance Test
- "R" Level Performance Test
- EMI/RFI Filter and Capacitor Performance Testing
- Filter Connector Performance Testing
- Filtered Connector Quality Acceptance Test Specifications
- MIL-STD-883 Group A Test
- MIL-STD-202 Group B Test
- MIL-PRF-38534F Group C Test
- MIL-PRF-38534F Group D Test
- MIL-PRF-38534F Class K Test